[Matrix-SIG] Re: a full-blown interactive data analysis environment

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:46:48 +0100

> My goal here is to get a core of standard routines that are used in
> many fields of science into a coherent package with good docs, and to
> integrate it initially with Python.  The point is that then *any*

Sorry, but I still don't see what you are planning to do...
My impression is that generic low-level libraries already exist.
How exactly does your idea differ from combining LAPACK, FFTPACK, etc.
into one tar file and write wrappers and documentation for all of it?

Konrad.