[Matrix-SIG] Resampling a 3D function

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:36:28 +0200

> I have a 3D (discrete) function represented as a 3D array of
> floats of dimensions (l,m,n).
> I would like to resample it at a different resolution (l1,m1,n1).
> Is there any function that allows to do the resampling directly
> (like the PIL resize function would do for 2D images?)

Not in Numeric at least, nor anywhere I know of. The closest I know is
the module Functions.Interpolation in my ScientificPython package
(http://starship.python.net/crew/hinsen/scientific.html). It provides
a callable function object that interpolates between points on a grid.
Adding a resampling operation should be straightforward.