[Matrix-SIG] Numerical Integration routines

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:52:31 -0500 (CDT)

Hi David,

Numerical Python is a good choice for your work.  (Unabashed advocacy :-)
)

I have a couple of options for you.  At http://oliphant.netpedia.net there
is a couple of pure python modules that allow you to compute integrals
using quadrature.

I'm also about a day or two away from releasing the next version of
multipack module which contains C-extensions which are interfaces to two
generic integration routines from QUADPACK.  You will need a fortran
compiler (or f2c) to compile QUADPACK.  The quadrature functions are
already integrated and tested.  The reason the package is not released yet
is it's taking me longer to integrate an ode solver (with all of the
optional inputs and outputs) than I've had time for.

Good luck,

Travis