[Matrix-SIG] Re: Using Python or Java for data analysis (and plotting widget)

Tom Fenn tom@spirit.gcrc.upenn.edu
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:39:56 -0400

The plotting library pgplot has a Tk output driver that should work on
any platform that Tk works on.

I have a very alpha, but usually working, Tkinter wrapper for this. I
added about 5 lines of code
to the ppgplot module, and have written some rough Python code to
encapsulate everthing.  I imagine that this will work on a Macintosh,
but note that you will need a fortran compiler, or an f2c program, to
build the pgplot plotting libraries.  I built the libraries on my dec
alpha using the current version of g77 and the DEC c compiler.

BTW, Has anyone been able to access the ppgplot web site recently?  The
code I have is version 0.0, and I'd like to make sure I have the most
recent version before I attempt submitting a patch.  However, my
connections always time out.

You can get to some relevant web pages from python.org by following the
scientific/graphics/plotting links.

Tom Fenn
Center for Cancer Pharmacology
University of Pennsylvania Medical School