[Matrix-SIG] Windows NumPy installer problem

Kevin Rodgers krodgers@tdyryan.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:52:25 -0700

With the current (and previous) version of the NumPy installer, on all of
the NT machines (NT 4 SP3) on which I have installed NumPy (6 so far), the
registry key that gets set to specify the PythonPath always ends up with the
"Program Files" directory munged to the DOS name (PROGRA~1).  Would somebody
please fix this?  I don't know if it is a "real" problems or not, but it's
ugly as hell and bugs more naïve users (well, it bugs me too!).  Thanks in
advance . . .
Kevin Rodgers    Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical     krodgers@tdyryan.com
"This one goes up to eleven."  -- Nigel Tufnel