[Matrix-SIG] Threads hanging with Python C extension modules

Bruce Duncan bsd@scripps.edu
Sun, 17 May 1998 15:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I'm having trouble with threads in Python using C extension modules.
My experiments with threads calling pure python code (i.e.,
standard python modules) work fine.  However, with our
C extension modules (some with Swig, others by hand, most are
compute-intensive) there is a problem.  After starting the first thread,
the "main" thread seems to hang and does not accept user typein
until the first thread completes.

Any clues about why this happens?

-bsd-

Bruce Duncan
The Scripps Research Institute
bsd "is located at" scripps "in the domain" edu  # anti spam...