[Matrix-SIG] ANNOUNCE: Dynamically linkable Python Gist now available

Carlos Maltzahn carlosm@moet.cs.colorado.edu
Mon, 11 May 1998 18:26:53 -0600 (MDT)

Hmm - just tried it, it compiled and installed fine and then I get (DEC
alpha, OSF1 $4.0 464, using cc):

foobar:Demo[0] python gistdemolow.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "gistdemolow.py", line 3, in ?
    from gist import *
  File "/home/ri/carlosm/extensions/LLNLDistribution/Graphics/Gist/Lib/gist.py", line 5, in ?
    from gistC import *
ImportError: dlopen: cannot load /home/ri/carlosm/alpha+OSF1/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gistCmodule.so
foobar:Demo[1]

foobar:Demo[1] cd /home/ri/carlosm/alpha+OSF1/lib/python1.5/site-packages/
foobar:site-packages[0] ls -l gistCmodule.so
-r-xr-xr-x   1 carlosm  abelian    417792 May 11 18:02 gistCmodule.so*
foobar:site-packages[0] file gistCmodule.so
gistCmodule.so: COFF format alpha shared library, demand paged executable
or object module not stripped - version 3.11-10

I installed Numeric in a similar fashion and it works.  Any ideas what I'm
missing?

Carlos

Carlos Maltzahn - http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~carlosm/