[Matrix-SIG] pypvm

Jonah Lee ffjhl@aurora.uaf.edu
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:49:52 -0800 (AKDT)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Jody Winston wrote:

>     Holger>   I see a reference to a Python module for PVM , pypvm, by
>     Holger> M. Petullo on the PVM web page ( www.epm.ornl.gov/pvm) but
>     Holger> the hot link does not connect to anything. Searching the
>     Holger> web turns up nothing.  Anyone know about this module and
>     Holger> where to get it ?
>
> Has any one done a MPI version?
>
> Jody

I tried the LAM MPI module on starship web site. I could not get it to
work with more than one node on a workstation cluster. Using LAM's
monitoring tool I see that the python on the remote node got blocked. I
used SWIG to wrap MPICH, with the same results - it seems to work for one
node (which obviously is useless:-) . There must be something
that I do not understand.