[MATRIX-SIG] compiling NumPy for Windows

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:23:56 +0100

> Konrad, you'll be glad to know that numpy_ez builds fine on Windows.
> There are things the windows person needs to do to configure the build,
> but no modifications to your source were needed.

Fine, but some of my other modules don't, and I'd like to know why
and what to do about it. My MMTK modules seem to have the same
problem that Perry mentioned: Initialization of PyObject_HEAD_INIT()
with a constant address is not accepted by the compiler. On the
other hand, my netCDF module uses exactly the same method, and
it works. Such problems don't increase my confidence in easy
Windows installation...

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais