[MATRIX-SIG] Follow up: Numeric/Numerical Recipes/Regression tests

Bruce Duncan bsd@scripps.edu
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:54:09 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

Many thanks to those who reminded me of the problems
with Numerical Recipes.  We are aware of many of them.

However, don't let the fact that Numerical Recipes is not
the best code in the world detract from the suggestion
that Numeric could use additional regression tests.

This is not a flame.  We have found python/Numeric to
be in general quite robust, elegant, and extensible.
In fact, we are using it as the base for just about all of our new work.

However, I would like to have better "peace of mind" in knowing that
there is a set of tests for Numeric python (and associated packages),
that are as extensive as those for the python interpreter itself.

Cheers,

-bsd-