[Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amullhau@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:21:42 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Horowitz <frank@ned.dem.csiro.au>
To: matrix-sig@python.org <matrix-sig@python.org>
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

>At the risk of sounding overly pessimistic, can I ask if anyone else out
>there is bothered by Blitz++'s heavy reliance on C++ template semantics?

That sounds pretty unhappy. C++ is bad enough but templates are scattered
enough to be a pain in the ass last time I looked, which was when I gave STL
a try.

I haven't seen any C++ tools yet that had memory management that was
industrial strength performance. Is anyone familiar enough with Blitz++ and
advanced VM to know whether they knew which way was up when they wrote it?

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt