[Matrix-SIG] plplot on the Mac

Rob Managan managan@llnl.gov
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:55:33 -0700

I am trying to get a final version of an updated macintosh plplot module to
work with Python 1.5. Let me know if you are interested in getting a copy.

I have a question for Mac users. The plplot library stores fonts and maps
in a 'lib' folder and on unix boxes an environment variable is set to tell
the library where to find the files. My thinking is to use the Preferences
folder in some way. Would it be better to have a preference file that
stores the environment variables (similar to what pgplot does) or just move
the 'lib' file into the Preferences folder and look for them there? One
problem is keeping the file updated if the user moves the 'lib' file to
another location on the disk.

Either approach requires you to put something into the Preferences folder.
This is not as user friendly as I would like but is better than losing the
text in the plots!

Rob Managan       mailto://managan@llnl.gov
LLNL                      ph:  925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-183       FAX: 925-423-5804
Livermore, CA  94551-0808