[MATRIX-SIG] random number generator?

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:40:26 +0100 (CET)

Uh, here are some argumentation points I really don't understand. But
as far as I see (I should be slapped for this sentence :0) in NumPy
there is something like a+=1 (if the speed gain comes from the missing
copy of a)

a=add(a,1,a)

I must admitt, that this is not nice looking, but very usefull with
large arrays.

But it can be, that I don't see far although I sit here with glasses
on my nose.

__Janko

PS: Hasn't Phil Austin mentioned some efforts to connect Python with
Blitz++, a expression-template rich C++ library?