[MATRIX-SIG] Re: NumPy in the Python 1.5 era

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:06:06 +0100 (CET)

If there are plans for a new version of NumPy (will this be a final
version?) I would suggest that the documentation needs an update
to. Especially for interactiv use it would be good to have more
doc-strings in the code itself. I volunteer to start with the
doc-strings. I will manly use the current written information and put
it in the appropiate places.

Should something like gendoc used for this? Is there a perfomance hit
if there are the doc-strings in often used functions?

I know that David Ascher has some more documentation, should this be
integrated in the distribution? Are there any other big librarys,
which should be included?

At the end, I was not at the IPC6. Is there some new information about
future plans regarding NumPy?

__Janko