[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Numeric Python 1.0 Beta 2 is available

janko hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 21:32:12 +0100

I think this idea should be divided into two parts.

1)
There is a (Python)-systempath, normaly in /usr/local/lib/pyhton
I think it is not a bad idea to scan this directory recursiv and add
all subdirs to the pythonpath

2)
Userdefined directories with *.py files. Here is the fine control on
the userside. She wants perhaps to have modified copys of
standard-modules wich should appear before the standard pythonpath.
I think here is the user responsible for every single directory. And
there is the mechanism to control this with the env-variable
$PYTHONPATH.

__Janko