[MATRIX-SIG] reverse of take?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:08:35 +0200

> As was mentioned, I don't believe syntax is
> an issue -- once you have the Python builtin
> functionality you can grow your own syntax
> using the __getattr__ and __setattr__ hooks
> at the Python level.  What we need is a nice

Not for arrays, which are C types! And these arrays are typically used
directly, without a Python wrapper. So getting the syntax right means
modifying arrayobject.c and putting the new code into the right module
etc. Probably not much work, but it has to be done, and should be
synchronized with possible changes that Jim has applied to the same
module recently.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais