[MATRIX-SIG] Binaries for NumPy

Jim Hugunin hugunin@javanet.com
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:14:36 -0400

Timothy A. Hochberg wrote:
> I think this would really lower the investment in time needed to try out
> NumPy and consequently we'd end up with more users. What do other people
> think? How many platforms would we be able to round up binaries for? Where
> would we put it?

This was one of my goals initially, but I got really intimidated when I
realized just how many platforms there were out there.  Nonetheless,
doing this for a few major platforms would probably be a good idea.

I'm moving the Numeric Python home pages to the Starship Python web site
real soon now, and I think that would also be an appropriate place from
which to distribute these binaries.

-Jim