[MATRIX-SIG] FYI: My future status (and Numeric Python's)

Doug Heisterkamp drh@cse.unl.edu
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 19:55:34 -0500 (CDT)

> As of last week I have officially taken a leave of absence from MIT in order to
> pursue my ideas relating to Python and Java full-time.  This means that I'm likely
> to have even less time in the future to spend working on NumPy than I have recently.

Thanks Jim, for all of the time and effort that you have put into NumPy.  I
find it very useful.  I wish you the best of fortune in your Java-Python
project.

Maybe we should set up some kind of formal council or committee to handle
bug report fixes and new feature prototypes.  That way you could pass
the bug fixing work to different committee members.

Doug Heisterkamp
drh@cse.unl.edu