[MATRIX-SIG] [long] A NO-Proposal for a plot-package

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:14:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Geoffrey Furnish wrote:

> I would just voice some concern about a charter which specifies a
> singular solution.

I accept that change and will adjust the wording.  I agree, there are too
many needs to be met by a single solution.

>  > MUST HAVE:
>  > 	Line Plots
>  >    ...
>  > WOULD BE NICE:
>  > 	Complete Python control over graph generation, graph objects, etc.
>
> It's a good list, but I don't think this kind of stuff needs to be
> explicitly enumerated in the sig charter.

Oh, no, I just meant that list for discussion.  Not for the charter.

I'll send a revised sig description to meta-sig.  I will wait a day or two
to let others comment first, and/or challenge my sig-ownership =).

--da