[MATRIX-SIG] making a text label from an object instance?

Phil Austin phil@geog.ubc.ca
09 Jul 1997 11:37:28 -0700

that has been posted as well.

For my plotting package I would like to have the default axes labels
be the names of the objects being plotted.  For example, if the
command is:

plot(time[:,4],vel[:,3,2])

I would like to generate strings containing "time[:,4]" and
"vel[:,3,2]".  Is this possible with Python?

For those who know Splus, I'm looking for the equivalent of
deparse(substitute(time[:,4]))

Regards, Phil

Phil Austin  (phil@geog.ubc.ca)
Department of Geography,                 Tel: (604) 822-2663
University of British Columbia, B.C.     Fax: (604) 822-6150