[MATRIX-SIG] Much ado about nothingness.

Phil Austin phil@geog.ubc.ca
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:52:31 -0700

    Hoon> I still think missing
    Hoon> values should be part of the matrix. It should probably not
    Hoon> None, since as you have mentioned that it introduces
    Hoon> additional Python object inside the array. Something little
    Hoon> more elegent would be nice. I guess I could process the
    Hoon> info, prior to putting into the array, but I would much
    Hoon> rather deal with a matrix manipulation. Thanks for your
    Hoon> thought, I really appreciate your input.

There was some discussion on this list about a year ago concerning
standard IEEE NaN's (this undelies Splus' null data handler I think).
Concerns were expressed about performance and portability, but if
those issues were manageable then there's an obvious need for Python NaN
capability in signal/image processing applications.

Phil