[MATRIX-SIG] Data filtering

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 14:40:47 +0200

> I haven't done this stuff in python, but I have quite a bit of stuff
> which would be very easy for me to put into python and give to you. The
> question is; can you be more specific about the filter you need? Is it
> single or multichannel? Do you have issues with phase as well as magnitude?
> Is the segmentation requirement for efficiency or an actual requirement?

For my personal needs, any low-pass filter for real data is good enough.
Segmentation would be nice for efficiency, but is not essential. But
I would like to encourage work on a general-purpose signal processing
library to go with NumPy. This is probably as important in practice as
the linear algebra library, although for different users.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais