[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] PyArray_Transpose [multiarraymodule.c] dumps core

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:42:29 +0100

> I was testing some of the LinearAlgebra functions and discovered that
> eigenvectors and eigenvalues apparently work fine for ordinary arrays, but
> for Matrix instances, I get a core dump (SGI IRIX 5.3, R4400). I did some

I doubt that the Matrix class has even been tested intensively...

> before I get any output.  Matrix is a subclass of array, is it not?

No. Array is implemented as an extension type, and such types can't
be subclassed. Matrix is an ordinary Python class that uses an
array to store its data.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais