[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Win95 NumPy 1.0b1 install problem

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:57:59 -0500

Andrew writes:
> Jim Hugunin wrote:
> >
> > As mentioned before, the file should have a size of 408,830 bytes when
> > downloaded to your system.  If this is not the case, then there's
something
> > wrong with your transfer.
>
> God only knows what is going on here. I tried again, and the download
> put the file in NumPy-10-b1.txt. It wsa the right size, though, and
> after renaming, it ran, claiming to have installed NumPy. PythonWin
> doesn't seem to be all that numeric yet, since
>
> resize(0, [2, 2])
>
> results in a NameError.
>
> Maybe after rebooting this will be better.

I hate to ask the obvious question, but have you typed "from Numeric import
*"?  The Numeric extensions are an extension like any other and need to be
imported into Python before they can be used.

If the problem is more complicated than this, then I'm at a loss.  More
information would be helpful.

-Jim