[MATRIX-SIG] Python/Fortran interface

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:36:59 +0200

> Konrad mentions CFORTRAN. We used to use this;
> basically it consists of a header file which creates
> huge macros to do the job of argument conversion. We
> found it to be very difficult to use, particularly
> while debugging, because of the humongous multi-
> line macros and the impenetrable code that they
> generate.

I have to agree. In fact, I don't use it myself anymore, writing an
interface manually in the extremely few cases where I still need to
interface C and Fortran libraries. Fortunately most of my recent work
involves only symmetric matrices! :-)

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais