[MATRIX-SIG] Python/Fortran interface

Holger St. John stjohn@gav.gat.com
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:40:25 -0800

A couple of messages over the past two days have indicated
that there is some interest in calling Fortran from Python.
A project that I am working on will require this ability for its
success. I would appreciate any info that this group might have
that relates to creating  such an interface .  Apparently
FIDL (Fortran interface Definition Language) ,mentioned once in
Com. Physics, has not happened ?  The idea is to create
steerable (ie programable) applications that do heavy duty
number crunching in Fortran and are controlled by a Python
script. (recoding the Fortran in C++ is not an option).

Holger St. John

General Atomics