[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Statistics and file formats

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:03:53 -0400 (EDT)

    Hi all.

1)  I need access to some statistics, such as t-tests, ANOVA's, etc.  Is
    there a commonly accepted library which provides a simple API to
    such functions?

2)  I'm considering using netCDF as the file format for some tools I'm
    building.  There are alternatives, however, such as HDF.  My
    interest in these is a standardized way of having self-describing
    data, not the ability to handle very large datasets (that doesn't
    happen with my data).  Is there a consensus out there which I should
    be aware of?  I've also looked a little at some of the tools that
    Paul mentioned, such as SILO/SLIDE.  I have no good basis on which
    to make one decision or another (except that there is a netcdf
    module out there, although it appears to do 1-D data only for now).

    I'd appreciate any info on either of these topics.

    --david