[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Alpha3 Available

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 12:15:41 -0400

> > You should have the latest version of pythonwin (pythonwin-10-b3.exe)
> > installed to use this.  Unpack the zipped file using a version of unzip
> > that can handle long file names (like unzip) in the toplevel Python
> > directory created when you install pythonwin.  You must use the "-d"
option
> > to preserve the directory structure when you unzip.  Also, you must add
the
> > NumPy directory to your PYTHONPATH registry entry.
> >

> I've just gotten NumPy, unzipped it (with WinZip), and added the NumPy
dir
> to the PYTHONPATH registry entry. However, upon importing I get:
> Any ideas as to what I've done wrong?
>
> Alex

My guess is that you can't find numpy.dll.  Is this file in the same
directory as python14.dll?  If not, you need to be sure that this dll is in
your dll load path.  Also, you must have python14.dll as the dll used by
your version of python, any older versions won't work.

Let me know if this fixes your problem or if you're still having trouble.

-Jim