[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: Two things (FFT Normalization)

Charles G Waldman cgw@pgt.com
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:04:58 -0400

I'm sorry, I made a mistaken comment about normalization of
2 dimensional FFT's.  I misinterpreted the explanation in the
reference I gave - - I should have checked this more carefully
before firing off email to the list.

I wrote:
> First of all, I don't think it will give the traditional normalization.
> (See, for example, Gonzalez&Wintz, "Digital Image Processing",
>  Addison-Wesley, 1977, page 45)

Jim Hugunin replied
> Could you give me the right function to normalize this with?

The way it is currently being done is correct; sorry to have made that
inappropriate and incorrect comment.