[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Integrated Simulation Environment?

Phil Austin phil@geog.ubc.ca
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

    Konrad> My personal solution is to use Emacs as my work
    Konrad> environment. This makes typing into a (permanent) file and
    Konrad> executing from it easy enough that the lack of real
    Konrad> interactivity hardly matters. What I would like to have is
    Konrad> a key combination that kills the Python buffer and starts
    Konrad> a fresh session with the current buffer as input, but that
    Konrad> shouldn't be too hard...

Python users who know some elisp might want to look at modifying a
very comprehensive Splus emacs mode that allows multiple interpreter
sessions, formats functions, parses errors and sends you to the
correct line, etc.

The current version with texinfo documentation is at:

ftp://wingra.stat.wisc.edu/pub/src/emacs-lisp/S-mode-4.8.tar.gz