[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] IMSL bindings

Sean McSweeney sean@embl-grenoble.fr
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 12:20:41 +0200

Jim Fulton writes:

 > Note that the above example is for an IMSL routine.
 > FIDL has been in a beta testing state for some time because
 > I haven't been able to get any beta testers to actually
 > test it, or at least to let me know how it works.
 > If you are interested in *really* being a beta tester,
 > let me know and I'll point you at the current version.

Okay I'll bite, I want/need to interface to a large number of fortran
routines so I would be willing to try to use fidl to do this, and let
you know the problems.

 > Note that fidl uses a precursor to NumPy arrays.  It should
 > work with NumPy with a little extra copying.  I'm planning
 > to integrate NumPy with FIDL, but it hasn't been a high
 > priority since I changed jobs and no longer need fidl myself.

It would be very useful to use the speed of the NumPy stuff with the
project am attempting to start. Would it be lots of work to
interface to the NumPy array types ?

cheers

Sean