[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] LinAlg.py vs LinearAlgebra.py

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Sun, 3 Nov 96 18:09:35 +0100

> Does the new LinearAlgebra.py package require the matrix to be transposed
> before and after treatment, like the old Linalg ?

>From the point of view of the user, neither the old nor the new
package should require any transposition. And since internally they
both use LAPACK, there shouldn't be any difference either.

If you ever transposed matrices while working with LinearAlgebra,
I suppose your interpretation of matrix indices is different from
the one adopted in NumPy!

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais