[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Data analysis package question

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 1 Nov 96 15:45:51 +0100

> PLplot is a bear to compile. I've had a fair amount of experience working
> with large software projects, and getting PLplot to the point where I
> could use it, in or out of python, took a significant amount of work. Way
> too much, in my opinion. And it even uses gnu configure.

I have to agree. I tried PLplot a few months ago, but it took forever
just to get everything compiled, and the prospect of having to
do this repeatedly (new machines, new versions) made be prefer to
live without it.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais