[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Data analysis package question

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 09:17:30 +0100

> Sounds good, especially 3. I think light weight Py/Tk widgets would be
> the way to go.

FWIW, PIL 0.2final will include a "Path" object (2D polyline/beziers,
and some path processing primitives), and a first stab at a light-
weight plotting package based on these primitives.

To avoid some of the worst performance bottlenecks in Tk, output
rendering is currently done via raster images (or directly to
PostScript).  Future versions will probably include patches allowing
you to place a path directly on a canvas.

Now, could I just find some decent contouring code somewhere...

Regards	/F