[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] any matlab-like python extensions???

Tom Schwaller tschwal@artinet.de
Thu, 2 May 1996 22:32:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Jeff,
well try  the plplotmodule I've written (interfaces the plplot library).
It is not pefect, but has a Tk widget with it, which no other package has.
I one worked on a Python module interfacing the Visual toolkit++,
which is a very tool cool, but I'm a little bit short in time for it.
Otherwise you can also try the OpenGL module  By myself and Jim H.)
Join this group, that's the right place for you.
Here you will also learn about where to get all that stuff
and ther are many people , which will help you I guess.

BTW. Have some of you tried out pgplot (Fortran library, no Tk widget,
but very nice output, Interfacing it to Python is as easy as plplot,
somebody going to do it?
There's already a Tcl and Perl Module (I hear you SWIG! :-)
We should at least do a Python module.
Look at the URL
http://astro.caltech.edu/~tjp/pgplot/

Comments