[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] FYI: OverflowError in PrettyPrinter.py

Tser-Yuan (Brian) Yang tbyang@icf.llnl.gov
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:10:11 -0700 (PDT)

FYI. A member of our group discovered that the variable max_val in the
function _floatFormat of ArrayPrinter.py needed to be set to a number
less than 2.15e9 on our machines. Otherwise it caused the following
error message:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "./PrettyPrinter.py", line 45, in arrayToString
    format, item_length = _floatFormat(data, precision, suppress_small)
  File "./PrettyPrinter.py", line 109, in _floatFormat
    max_str_len = len(str(int(max_val))) + precision + 2
OverflowError: float too large to convert

						Brian Yang