[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Another bug in release 0.32

James Hugunin jjh@Goldilocks.LCS.MIT.EDU
Mon, 29 Jan 96 14:07:37 EST

I should have known better than to mess around with ofuncobject.c in
the middle of getting out a new release...

For those who haven't been bitten yet, the following patch needs to be
applied to Modules/ofuncobject.c

Basically, on lines 490, and 590, you should remove the TRY from
around the check_array function call.  I have no idea why this didn't
show up as an error under gcc.

*** 487,493 ****

    /* Cleanup the returned matrices so that scalars will be returned as python scalars */

!   if (self->check_return) check_array(ret);

    return PyArray_Return(ret);
  }
--- 487,493 ----

    /* Cleanup the returned matrices so that scalars will be returned as python scalars */

!   if (self->check_return) TRY(check_array(ret));

    return PyArray_Return(ret);
  }

*** 587,593 ****
    Py_DECREF(indices);