[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Compiling on HPUX with gcc

David Redish dredish@CS.cmu.edu
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 14:06:51 -0500

When trying to compile in HPUX with gcc, I get errors on lines 490 and
590 of ofuncobject.c.  The problem is that check_array is of type
void, but TRY() tries to test whether it's 0 or not.  By changing from

	if (self->check_return) TRY(check_array(ret));

	if (self->check_return) check_array(ret);

I can get it to compile.

PS. I see someone just posted this in reference to the SGI.

However, I get a ld error when I try to load it saying unsatisfied
symbol: "finite".

Am I missing a file?

I'm using NumericPython-0.32.tar.gz.  (I also untarred patches.tar.)

Thanks
David Redish		Computer Science Department CMU
graduate student	Neural Processes in Cognition Training Program
			Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition (CNBC)
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/People/dredish/home.html
maintainer, CNBC website:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/CNBC
maintainer, Cog-Neuro Sites on the Internet, courtesy CNBC:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/CNBC/other
maintainer, NIPS*96 website:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/NIPS