[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] New release of NumericPython 0.31

Perry A. Stoll stoll@atr-sw.atr.co.jp
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 12:03:10 +0900

>  I got the whole test suite running except for the final speed
> benchmark, which uses a function "sum" that no longer exists
> (should it?)

  Yes, it exists! It's in MLab.py. You have to add 'from MLab import
*' to the top of the Benchmark.py file.

  This means Jim has removed the MLab support from the default Numeric
library. Is this ok with people? I don't mind, but we're going to have
to let people

  Can I make a suggestions: can we avoid the 'from X import *'
construction in the numeric package where it's not speed critical
(??)- it makes finding the source of definitions a pain.

-Perry