[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] MatLab

David Redish dredish@CS.cmu.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:59:27 -0500

I've just downloaded the 0.34 Numeric extension (looks really good so
far -- compiled out of the box for HPUX), but MLab.py does not seem to
work.

e.g.

>>> import MLab
>>> MLab.tri(5)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/users/adr/lib/python/numeric/MLab.py", line 55, in tri
    m = greaterEqual(subtract.outer(mrange(N), mrange(M)), -k)
NameError: greaterEqual

I tried adding "From Numeric import *" to MLab.py
and then I get

>>> import MLab
>>> MLab.tri(5)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/users/adr/lib/python/numeric/MLab.py", line 56, in tri
    m = greaterEqual(subtract.outer(mrange(N), mrange(M)), -k)
AttributeError: outer

Any help would be appreciated.

thanx
adr

David Redish		Computer Science Department CMU
graduate student	Neural Processes in Cognition Training Program
			Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition (CNBC)
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/People/dredish/home.html
maintainer, CNBC website:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/CNBC
maintainer, Cog-Neuro Sites on the Internet, courtesy CNBC:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/CNBC/other
maintainer, NIPS*96 website:
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/NIPS