[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Routine too big...

Perry A. Stoll pas@lems.brown.edu
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:13:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Jack Jansen wrote:

> I'm porting the 1.0a5 distribution of the numeric extension to the
> Mac,

Great!

> compiler doesn't like the routine zlarfx_ from zlapack_lite.c. The
> routine is apparently bigger than 32Kbyte code, so the compiler cannot
> generate branch instructions, and there appears to be no way to coerce
> the compiler to try things differently.

Isn't there an option in the compiler to generate larger offsets? I
thought in Think C (at least) there was an option to check off that would
do this. The name was something like "LONG offsets" or "Large jump table".

I can't help with the implications of commenting out the special cases.

not much solid informational-ly yours,
-Perry