[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] NumericalPython

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 16:13:07 -0400

I need to look into the archive to figure out what's wrong.  There bit a
little ;-) traffic on this group since then.  My personal guess is that
we've managed to collectively overflow some archive size limit.

The latest release of NumPy is always announced on this list, so it is easy
to find if you were subscribed when the last version came out.

The error during testing is interesting and probably a 64-bit long quirk.
I'll look into it.

The other problems that you have are due to the fact that the Tutorial is
way out of date.  Many function names and calling conventions have been
changed since the Tutorial was written (based on 0.36).  The file
"doc.html" should be up to date as far as naming conventions are concerned.

There is still one outstanding naming/calling convention that could lead to
a few more such changes before the beta1 release (after which time I won't
subject people to further major incompatible changes).  I'm guessing that
David Ascher is waiting to update his Tutorial until this final issue is
resolved (see my next post).

BTW - Did you make the static or the dynamic version?  I'm very interested
to learn about people's experiences building the dynamic system under DEC
OSF (or Digital Unix).

-Jim