[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Just checking in

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 18:34:38 -0400

Just to keep people posted.  I have the alpha3 release almost ready to go,
I'm waiting on a few issues that need to be thought out.

1) Naming conventions/default axes
2) Dynamic linking (problems on many architectures)

If you have any opinions on the whole naming conventions/default axis issue
that has been recently discussed I'd like to hear them.  I still haven't
found a proposal that I like better than my current version:

All default axes are 0
Functions like fft, sort, argmax, ... should generally be called with an
explicit axis specification of -1.  ie. fft(wave, axis=-1).  This explicit
axis specification is only necessary when working on 2 or more dimensional
arrays.

-Jim