[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Whereabouts of numerical python

Peter Hansbo hansbo@math.chalmers.se
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 00:54:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi there!
Allow me to introduce myself: I am a finite element researcher
at a Swedish university. One of the projects I have been involved
in is a FE GUI for teaching purposes, with automatic mesh generation
and different adaptive solvers, see
http://www.math.chalmers.se/Research/Femlab/femlab.html

Now I have found this thing called Python, and it really makes me
want to get out of the F77/F90/C/C++ straightjackets. However, speed
issues force me to consider C extensions. Then I notice the work of
this SIG, with promises of just 10 percent overhead in floating
point arithmetic, which I can live with. My question now is just this:
can I put my hands on a beta version of the numerical python?

Regards
Peter Hansbo