[Matplotlib-users] Matplotlib window opening and suddenly closing

Pierre dev.thecellist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 08:01:23 EST 2024

Good morning,
I am on Linux 5.10.16.3-microsoft-standard-WSL2 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 22:23:49
UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux, with matplotlib version 3.8.2, I installed
matplotlib from PyPi (pip), and I just performed a clean reinstall as
suggested in your installation page. I have the following problem:
when I run this code:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plot()
show()

A matplotlib window opens and then closes immediately. Matplotlib is using
TkAgg as backend, and when I open a tk window it works fine (doesn't close
on opening).
I don't know where the problem could come from as I've been using
matplotlib for a while now and it worked perfectly until 2 days ago, and I
was using it when the problem showed up.

Thanks in advance for your help