[Matplotlib-users] getting the default color cycle

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon May 15 11:05:53 EDT 2023

Hi,

I'd like to use cycler to cycle the default color cycle with different line
styles so as to be able to differentiate lines for more than those 10
colors. I've looked at the documentation for cycler, but it's not clear to
me how to get a cycler for the default cycle. I could do something like:
color_cycle = cycler(color=['C0', 'C1', 'C2',...])
but that's a bit tedious. Is there another way to get that?

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin (he/him)
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division