[Matplotlib-users] deprecation of mpl_toolkits' colorbar implementation - substitute?

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:01:59 EST 2021

Hi,

I'm wanting to do something like in the example "Demo Axes Grid", the 2nd
case where the grid has a single colorbar. That works the way I want it,
but I get a deprecation warning:

MatplotlibDeprecationWarning: Since 3.2, mpl_toolkits's own colorbar
implementation is deprecated; it will be removed two minor releases later.
Set the 'mpl_toolkits.legacy_colorbar' rcParam to False to use Matplotlib's
default colorbar implementation and suppress this deprecation warning.

So, I understand that that warning can be suppressed, but I'd rather find a
non-deprecated way of doing the same thing. So far I haven't found it. The
particular command that results in the warning is:
grid.cbar_axes[0].colorbar(image)

I don't know of a way to add a colorbar to the grid of images the way I
want it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division