[Matplotlib-users] Need assistance with inconsistent matplotlib plots from computer to computer...

Anthony Billings ABillings at axustech.com
Mon Sep 21 18:06:55 EDT 2020

That was a neat idea! I added the ‘-o’ to the plot. My current workbench setup is currently tied to a power supply outputting 1.2v. The data is then read for approximately 0.108 (108 ms) - 0.1096 seconds (109.6 ms) and then displayed on the plot. I have a debug version running that shows there is a range of 160-170 entries in the list, all valid floats. Thus the plot that should be displayed is a straight line at 1.2 with ~160 dots.
As the data was collected and displayed I saw variance in the plots. Most plots looked like this https://imgur.com/gallery/bEXc3t9, with about 7 or 8 equally distanced dots. This plot also shows an additional dot around the x=30 coordinate. Other plots had a ton of dots in between selected nodes, and then nothing between others, like this https://imgur.com/gallery/AezWLck. These 7/8 dots though are consistent throughout all of the plots.
Which is curious? Why would only select values be displayed while others are not? Why on some scans are there LOTS of dots, and others barely any?