[Matplotlib-users] matplotlib interactive in a shell terminal?

Gösta Ljungdahl gosta.ljungdahl at foi.se
Mon May 18 05:17:26 EDT 2020

Try

ipython --pylab

in a shell terminal.

/gostal

________________________________
Från: Matplotlib-users <matplotlib-users-bounces+gostal=foi.se at python.org> för Raphael Raccuia <rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com>
Skickat: den 18 maj 2020 10:33:53
Till: matplotlib-users at python.org
Ämne: [Matplotlib-users] matplotlib interactive in a shell terminal?

Hi,
Any chance  to use matplotlib in a linux shell terminal?

if I make 'python3 my/script.py', it displays the plot but I have no
prompt >>>.
It works in Idle.
That would be my test script:

#!/usr/bin/env python3 #otherwise loads a 'ghost': cursor turn to cross,
but no window.

import matplotlib
print(matplotlib.get_backend()) #print TkAgg in the terminal

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

plt.ion()

plt.plot([1, 2, 3, 4], [1, 4, 2, 3])

plt.show(block=True) #block=True: othewise it close immediately plot and
terminal

thank you!

rph-r