[Matplotlib-users] Unusual layout (GridSpec?)

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 19 18:01:58 EDT 2019

I don't think this is what gridspec is for, or can handle.  Instead, I
think you will have to use a very manual approach to figure out the
positions of the Axes objects that will make them and their tick
locations line up as desired. An example is in the attached script.

Caution: the example will work correctly only if your dpi setting is
such that the specified figsize can be fully displayed on your screen;
if it is too big, mpl will shrink it to fit, and then all the
calculations will be out of whack.

Eric